I have been obsessed with sriracha lately. This is probably just the baby talking, but at this point I could eat it out of the bottle and be satisfied. (So...it's probably the baby talking)
Once of my all-time favorite and go to protein packed snacks is Spicy Tuna. You may have seen me post this one a few times and if you've ever done one of my meal plans - you've definitely tried this. But if you haven't completed one of my programs or meal plans...you're seriously missing out!
But here's the recipe anyway....
1 can of Tuna
1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
1 tsp Dill Weed
Yep, that's it. It sounds like a big pile of slop - and honestly - it looks like that too. But I swear this snack DOES NOT disappoint!
Okay, moving on.....
I know how much all of you enjoy the simple, tasteful, and delicious recipes that I post. So...here's my attempt at sharing MORE of them (whoop whoop!). This is my FIRST ever RECIPE OF THE WEEK bog post, and I hope to do more of them!
And this weeks, is not one to miss.
HONEY SRIRACHA MEATBALLS
Are you hungry yet??
Seriously, not only are these ridiculously easy to make, they are delicious, family AND macro friendly also.
For the meatballs
2lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 cup whole wheat panko
2 whole eggs
1/4 green onion, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
For the sauce
1/4 cup Sriracha
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp raw organic honey
1tsp ground ginger
3 cloves minced garlic (sometimes I will just use garlic powder instead)
1/2 tsp sesame oil (I sometimes sub with grapeseed oil or any oil I have on hand)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix together meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder, and salt and pepper until combined well. Form mixture into 1 inch balls (this roughly makes 30-40 meatballs)
3. Place meatballs on a baking sheet spaced apart (be sure to use cooking spray to avoid them sticking!!)
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through
5.Meanwhile, combine ingredients for sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a light boil - whisking thoroughly.
6. Reduce heat and let sauce thicken. Toss the cooked meatballs in the sauce.
7. Serve immediately over Jasmine rice and a veggie of your choice OR place in separate containers for meal prep!